Sunday, February 3, 2008

Review: Linux Phrasebook


Linux Phrasebook by Scott Granneman

After you have learned a few basics about the command line, your next educational step is to increase your "vocabulary" of Linux commands. This book is a handy tool for that purpose. It's physically small and portable, only four and a half by seven inches, but packs a lot of useful information. It's written in a conversational style (not unlike LinuxCommand.org) and covers many useful topics. The design is fairly task-oriented, so it explains what command to use for what task. Each command is explained concisely but clearly. A good value for the money.

Disclaimer: I received a review copy of this book from the publisher.

2 comments:

  1. I have this book and I too can also say it has been valuable in my education of Linux. I have been using some form of Linux now for about a year. Used a few way back when too but never like I do now. When installing wireless on Debian last week this book was what got me through it on the command line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree this book is well written and very helpful quick reference.

    ReplyDelete